Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 2012 Birchbox Worst Birchbox Ever

In my opinion, this is the worst Birchbox I have received so far. Perhaps I'm tainted because MyGlam has been so amazing lately but in this month's Birchbox I feel like I paid $10 for a razor that I could have bought outright at the grocery store for half or less. I feel that if I receive items in a paid subscription service that I could (and have!) received elsewhere for free that something is terribly wrong. The razor and the shave cream this month are the only things I couldn't have gotten for free. Which isn't really true either because I've gotten razors for free from Influenster. Sigh. Oh Birchbox! How you disappoint me!!


Viva La Juicy Perfume Sample. Ugh. I can get three perfume samples just like this every time I purchase from Sephora.com. So why am I paying for one???


Yu-Be Moisturizer. I've had at least two other tubes of this in the past. I honestly don't remember which box or company I got them from. But I'm over it. It's not that great and I'm sick of seeing it in my boxes.


Whish Shave Cream. I'll admit--this smells good. This is one of the two samples where I feel like it belongs in a monthly subscription box.


Stila Foundation and Concealer samples. I have received more generous samples than this for freefrom Sephora. So I'm asking myself AGAIN...Why am I paying for this?


And...a razor? WTF, Birchbox? Are you serious? What happened to the high end, luxury sized samples? In each box, we usually get a full sized item and this month's is...a razor? Super disappointed.

I used to love Birchbox and looked forward to it every month. Now I feel like I'm just annoyed. I'm not sure if I'm going to quit yet. Maybe I'll give them another month or two. The August box was definitely a waste of money.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review. It can be so hard to find an honest review sometimes. I was actually thinking about subscribing to Birchbox, but I'm seriously thinking of reconsidering. And I actually did get that same razor that came in your Birchbox online for free. I actually snagged one for my mom as well. It's actually a great razor, but it's really sad that they would put it in the Birchbox when you could get it online for free a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you appreciated the review. Right now, My Glam has had the best products (in my opinion) but I think there is still a waiting list to get subscribed.

      Delete